This fine Methodist chapel was designed by London architects Gordon and Gunton. It was badly damaged by fire in 1909 and as a result extensive restoration and rebuilding was necessary. This work included the addition of cupolas to the twin towers. The world famous BBC football commentator John Motson was christened in the building!
Below: The Chapel after rebuilding, circa 1910.
By 2005, after nearly a hundred years of continuous use as a place of worship, the fabric of the building was beginning to show signs of distress. Anderson & Glenn were commissioned to prepare a detailed schedule of urgent repairs. This essential work was successfully carried out under the supervision of Conservation Architect Mary Anderson.